It’s that time of year again, it’s Father’s Day. Does anyone else find the men in their life so difficult to buy for? I find that they either have everything, or give you no ideas. So to make the hunt for the perfect Father’s Day present a little easier for you, I’ve put together this fab list below to create my Father’s Day Gift Guide for 2017. These are not your usual present, and are all available from independent brands and small businesses.
I’m also offering one of my readers the chance to win one of these fabulous products for yourselves. Have a read to find out more…..
Contrado personalised slippers and cufflinks
We love these and we received a pair of slippers and cufflinks to try out for ourselves. Both items can be customised however you like. The personalised slippers start from £38.00, and you have a choice of six colour trims to match your selected design, or the clothes that the man in your life wears. The cufflinks start from £18.00, and you can select either a round or circle shape. Just like the slippers you can upload any image you want for the design. Both items are simple to create in the handy upload and editing tool on the Contrado website.
Bags of Love have also teamed up with Dreams Come True and Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity to create a Father’s Day Design Contest. To enter and be in with a chance of winning up to £600 worth of prizes, enter here.
This Is Your Cook Book personalised cook book
As a family who love cooking, and who have many cook books, this is a brilliant idea. We received a personalised cook book, and I am so impressed with the quality and recipes inside. The cover is a soft matt finish, featuring striking imagery, and the name of your recipient. The recipes also look eye-wateringly yummy too. I hope that my husband is going to enjoy cooking some of these meals for me. The personalised cook books are £15.00, plus £2.95 delivery, and you can choose your front cover design, a message, and either add your own favourite recipes, or choose from the list on the website. Perfect!
The morning side kick journal
I’m a firm believer in setting every day goals at the start of each day. And, this is the perfect gift for anyone who wants to be better at getting things done and conquering their mornings. The concept behind the morning side-kick journal is setting yourself small actionable tasks to complete in the morning, and then ticking these off as you achieve them. You then evaluate how you felt, and what benefits it brought to you, and then applying these to the next morning. I really like the sound of this book, I might just have to keep this one for myself. The morning side kick journal costs in the region of £33.00, and can be ordered from Habit Nest which includes shipping to the UK.
Don’t Buy Her Flowers Father’s Day Package
I am a huge fan of Don’t Buy Her Flowers, which was initially set-up to deliver presents to women who had just had a baby. Not just any presents, but presents that people want like a magazine, gin and chocolate. After all who wants flowers, you’ve already got a baby to look after. This concept has grown and you can now get a Man Package. It’s brilliant the package contains chocolate tiffins, a Mens Magazine, Scott-Nichol Socks, Gourmet Nuts, Coffee Beans, and Clinique gift. So this really is the perfect present, that any man would appreciate. The Father’s Day Package is available from £30.00.
If your husband or partner has everything, then why not offer him a spontaneous gift of a couple of hours babysitting to enable him to spend time with friends, pop to the pub, play golf, or anything. There’s no need for Mum to worry with looking after the kids, as the Bubble babysitters are trusted, and can babysit exactly when you need them to. Bubble Babysitting are offering a Father’s Day Gift Voucher for £20.00 to surprise the man in your life. And, it’s really easy to purchase the voucher just download the Bubble Babysitting App for yourself.
This is the perfect way to get out and about, and explore new areas, or learn something new about your local area. The Treasure Trails are a self-guided hunt, and there are over 1000 to choose from across the UK, so there is bound to be one near you. They are great way to explore towns, cities and villages, cracking the clues whilst taking in the sights, so they are perfect for any man who likes exploring. Each Treasure Trail costs £6.99, and you can either receive it by PDF, or a pack can be sent out in the post. We are already looking forward to doing the London Cable Car Mission Treasure Trail, that’s our activity sorted for Father’s Day.
The Soap Kitchen Men’s Products
This is the perfect gift for anyone who loves their skincare products. The Soap Kitchen Men’s Grooming range products are brilliant and include three foaming body washes, three traditional shaving soaps, and two after-care products that gently care for your skin. For any keen gardeners or DIY-ers, there is a soap scrub bar and hand cream. With prices starting from just £4.50 you can’t really go wrong.
I’m also offering one of my readers the chance to win a Soap Kitchen Men’s Grooming Kit. It’s really easy to enter just scroll down to the Gleam competition entry at the bottom of this post.
Seashore No4 Storm Lantern with Battery Operated Flicker Flame
For any nautical loving Dad’s out there, this is a great present. The lantern by Seashore No4 comes in two colours either grey or red, and would look fantastic inside the home, or make a nice centrepiece for an evening BBQ. The lanterns costs £19.99, and if you like this, there are also so many other beautiful nautical themed products available at Seashore No4 from compasses, pictures to telescopes, all perfect for anyone who likes anything nautical.
Niederegger Man Tool Box
If you have a DIY Dad who loves chocolate, then this is the perfect gift. We were sent this product, and it feels genuinely weighty, so you know that there is something special inside. The tool box contains a marzipan chocolate bar with salted cashews and caramel, a chocolate bar with apple bourbon whiskey marzipan filling, and pralines with whiskey truffle filling and cola flavour in milk chocolate. These unique flavours are absolutely delicious, and the chocolates can be purchased for £9.50 from Chocolates Direct.
Sugru Rebel Tech Kit
If you’re after a tech product, this is the ultimate gift to purchase; The Sugru Rebel Tech Kit. The kit includes a collection of 14 tech ideas that are inspired by people across the world, to fix your tech based on ingenious Sugru tech hacks. Inside the kit you’ll find single use packs of Sugru in Black, White, Grey and Red to fix anything from iPhone cables to USB leads. All this comes in a handy storage tin, and is available for £10.00 from Sugru, making it the perfect gift for that tech loving Dad.
You can also get your hands on a Men’s Grooming Kit from The Soap Kitchen. This kit will include a Men’s Body Wash, Shave Soap and Aftershave Care. For your chance to enter all you need to do is follow the instructions in the Gleam link below. Remember that you can come back everyday to enter until the 12th June 2017.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The competition opens at 07.00am on the 2nd June 2017 and ends at 11.59pm on the 11th June 2017. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, duplicated or which contain profanity will not be valid and deemed void.
- To enter, applicants can comment on this blog post, visit and like The Pramshed or The Soap Kitchen on Facebook, follow The Pramshed or The Soap Kitchen on Twitter, or retweet, and visit The Pramshed or The Soap Kitchen on Instagram.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated and comprise of 1x The Soap Kitchen Body Wash, 1x The Soap Kitchen Shave Soap, and 1x The Soap Kitchen Aftershave Care. The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner will be announced on the 12th June 2017.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material [enter date].
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be reached within 24 hours of being notified of their win, or they are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing/via online correspondence to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.