Since having our little one we have been away quite a few times in the UK to Wales, Center Parcs, and to stay with my parents and my husband’s parents. Each trip has involved a mammoth mission getting everything packed, and then stuffed into the car. Most of the time it feels like I am taking everything I own and everything we own for the baby. Before each trip I write a list of what I need to pack for myself, and for the little one, to avoid having to write it again I thought I’d pop it into a blog post:
For the baby
- Travel Cot, travel cot mattress and sheet
- Nappy bags
- Clothes – depending on how long we are going away for I may take a selection, or if we going away for a week I usually pack everything.
- Bibs (lots)
- Non-bio washing powder
- Video monitor
- Some toys and books
- Frozen food portions, snacks, Ella’s Kitchen meals, Weetabix and porridge.
- Plastic bowl, small tuppaware pots, plastic cup and spoons.
- Calpol, Nurofen, Dentinox, and Ashtons and Parsons.
- Clothes for the duration of stay
- Bikini or swimming costume (if we are going swimming)
- Coat and/or Gilet
- Shoes – usually this will be my Nike Trainers, Adidas Gazelles or Converse. Depending on what we are doing and when in the year I’ll also take a pair of boots or flip flops.
- Breast pump and breast pads
- Hair bands
- Phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- iPad and charger
- Camera and charger
- Notebook and Pen
- Contact Lenses and Glasses
For the baby’s travel in the car
- Film loaded onto the iPad – this keeps her entertained on the long car journeys we tend to do.
- Toys that she can chew on.
- Changing bag loaded with nappies, wipes, nappy bags, and a spare change of clothes.
- Food for stop at services – Ella’s Kitchen, Aptimal Porridge, Organix Carrot Sticks, Rice Cakes and Water.
For my husband
I don’t do his packing, but I imagine his list would be similar to mine minus the breast pump, breast pads, hairdryer, hair bands and make-up.
Am I missing any essential items? Are there any items that you found really useful when travelling with a little one.