Oh my gosh! I can’t believe how our first week of #fortheloveofBLOG went. Myself and Fi from A Mum Track Mind are so overwhelmed with the amount of link ups, love and support we received from our fellow bloggers. We managed to get a massive 86 links up! Thank you to everyone who joined us last week at #fortheloveofBLOG, and shared your blog posts, it was lovely to read such a variety of blog posts. There were a few teething issues with the badge code in my sidebar not displaying correctly, but that should all be sorted now.
This week has been so busy for me I feel like I’ve barely stopped! The glorious sunny weather has contributed to that as I have been out and about which you can read all about in my weekly highlights blog post. I’ve also need to get myself into gear and complete the 30 day blogging challenge currently I’m on Day 9 which is all about my cravings.
My favourite post of the week was written by Alex’s Baby Blog. Alex wrote a post about Breastfeeding in Public, and I can completely relate to this post knowing how difficult it can be to breastfeed in public especially in the early days with a tiny newborn. I remember the days of trying to find the perfect chair and making sure that no one was watching, and then having a difficult baby who wouldn’t latch on. It is difficult to breastfeed, and it shouldn’t be made harder by feeling self-conscious.
Fi’s favourite post of the week was also breastfeeding related, she chose Missing the Breastfeeding Gene by Sugar and Spice and all things Spliced, this is a really emotive post by Mrs Lighty about the struggles of breastfeeding her newborn son for the first month, who would constantly feed, and eventually switching to formula was the best choice for both Mum and Baby. It’s not always easy to breastfeed, and breastfeeding isn’t for everyone, happy baby = happy mummy, and vice versa.
Back to the Linky, at #fortheloveofBLOG we welcome any type of post you want to link up – funny, emotional, functional, rant etc – whatever you are proud of and want to share with us. Every week, Fi and I will both read and comment on your posts and each choose a favourite for the week to be featured on the next link up, including a back link to your blog. For the love of blog will open every Saturday at 10am and close the following Tuesday at 10pm.
A few rules:
- You can link up to two posts per week.
- Please make sure you are following @amumtrackmind and@thepramshed on Twitter so we can keep up with your posts/retweets etc.
- Add the For the love of Blog badge to your posts or sidebar. This is easy to do – just copy and paste the HTML code from my side bar into your posts.
- Most important – please share the Linky love! This is the whole point of a Linky after all! Please comment on both our host posts and the post before or after yours as a minimum, making sure to use the hashtag #fortheloveofBLOG on your comments so we can keep track.
- Please try to remember to tweet your posts to us and we will aim to retweet them for you. Also, if you are enjoying a post then be sure to share the love on Twitter!
- Add your posts by the InLinkz link at the bottom of the page.
And that’s it! Ready…set…get linking! We can’t wait to read your posts
Claire and Fi x