Recently we’ve had a terrible time trying to get our daughter to eat any food, other than biscuits, and I’ve really struggled to get anything healthy or green into her at home. So in a last ditch attempt at making mealtimes fun, I’ve been giving Doddl cutlery a go this week. Well, what can I say, it’s been great. It’s genuinely different from normal cutlery, and I think that’s why our daughter gets excited it, it feels more like a toy that normal cutlery. So here’s our thoughts on Doddl cutlery, plus a competition to win your own set, and wait there’s also a discount code too.
Why is Doddl cutlery so fantastic, let me tell you….
- Some children don’t always use cutlery, they prefer to use their hands. Our daughter was or still is one of these people. Adult cutlery can be hard for children to use, and Doddl answered that by developing a range of cutlery that children can easily hold.
- The fork, knife and spoon are designed to make your child feel secure whilst they are holding their cutlery, this makes it less likely for a fork or spoon and its content to be flung around the kitchen. So there’s less mess for you to clean up after each meal. Phew!
- Research showed that the fork, knife and spoon should be metal post weaning. Doddl has done just that by providing a safe range of cutlery for your child to use. The knife is made to cut through food, but not cut your child. Having metal cutlery also aids the step up to normal adult cutlery too.
- The cutlery is designed to work with your child’s intuitive grip. In the early days of weaning and getting your child to eat, the range is perfect for your child to pick up and encourage your child to use their fingers and thumb, plus their pincher grip too. As well as this the knife is designed to support their hands and wrists whilst cutting their food.
- All Doddl cutlery is made from BPA and Phthalate free materials, making it safe for your child to use. Plus that all important factor is that they are dishwasher safe and are long lasting, so say goodbye to broken cutlery.
It sounds like Doddl are doing something right, and we are really impressed with the range. We’ve noticed that our daughter is excited about using it, I think that’s because it’s different to the usual cutlery, it’s so easy for her to hold to scoop or cut up her food due to the small size of each utensil.
I would recommend Doddl to anyone who is weaning their child, and encouraging them to use cutlery at home. Plus the less mess factor really appeals to me, when I’m fed up with cleaning Weetabix off the window having had it flung there from a flying spoon for the hundredth time.
I hope that you agree and if you’re interested in Doddl I’m offering two treats to my readers:
If you like the sound of Doddl cutlery and want to purchase one for yourself or for a friend, I’m offering 10% off all Doddl cutlery when you purchase from their website using the code PRAMSHED10.
To be in for a chance of winning a Doddl Cutlery set for yourself, simply enter via the Gleam mechanic below. The competition is open daily until midnight on the 26th August 2017.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The competition opens at 7am on the 11th August 2017 and ends at 11.59pm on the 26th August 2017. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, duplicated or which contain profanity will not be valid and deemed void.
- To enter, applicants can visit and like the Doddl Cutlery page on Facebook, visit Doddl Cutlery on Facebook, Tweet, Retweet, follow Doddl Cutlery and The Pramshed on Twitter, visit The Pramshed and Doddl Cutlery on Instagram, and/or comment on this blog post.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated and comprises of 1x Doddl Cutlery set. The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner will be announced on the 27th August 2017.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date 26th August 2017 at 11.59pm.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be reached within 24 hours of being notified of their win, or they are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing/via online correspondence to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
N.B I was offered a set of Doddl Cutlery in exchange for this review and giveaway