When it comes to children and water, safety is my number one priority. Our daughter can’t swim, and I’m wondering if I should have stuck with those swimming lessons. Oh well, there’s plenty of time for those. However I had a slight niggle in the back of my mind; would she be safe on holiday. It would be our first holiday she would be walking and possibly liking the pool, and I knew she needed something to keep her afloat in the unlikely event she did fall in. That’s where a Go Splash Swim Vest by Splash About can help.
The Swim Vest helps to keep your child afloat whilst they are in the water, which can either be in the pool or in the sea, making it perfect for holiday. Plus it also acts as a buoyancy aid whilst they are learning to swim, and has space around the arms to help them perfect their swimming. The fabric is made from high quality durable neoprene helping to keep your child warm and dry, and the float pads are non-removable so there’s no chance of your child taking these out.
The range of swim vests starts from £17.99 and they all come in beautiful designs that children will love, plus they match the range of Happy Nappy’s too. We have the Swim Vest in Dragonfly print (picture above) which is suitable right the way through from 1 year of age to 6 years, and I find that this works well with our Happy Nappy in Nina’s Ark print. Our daughter loved wearing her swim vest by the pool on holiday, and it gave us the reassurance that should she accidently fall in, she would stay afloat. We even struggled to get her to take the swim vest off one day.
We are really happy with our Go Splash Swim Vest. It’s for 1 – 2 year olds, yet I can see it lasting us for a while yet as there’s plenty of growing room for our 2 year old. Plus it’s best for them to fit snug to your child’s body, so there’s no opportunity for it to rise up whilst your child is in the water.
If you’re planning your winter sun holiday or thinking about helping your child to swim I’m offering one of my lucky readers the chance to win a Go Splash Swim Vest in a design and size of your choice. It’s really easy to enter simply complete the Gleam mechanic below. Entry is open daily until Tuesday 10th October, so be quick.
N.B I was provided a Splash About Swim Vest in exchange for this review.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The competition opens at 7am on the 26th September 2017 and ends at 11.59pm on the 10th October 2017. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, duplicated or which contain profanity will not be valid and deemed void.
- To enter, applicants can visit and like Splash About UK page on Facebook, visit The Pramshed on Facebook, Tweet, Retweet, follow Splash About UK and The Pramshed on Twitter, visit The Pramshed and Splash About UK on Instagram, and/or comment on this blog post.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated and comprises of 1x Splash About Swim Vest. The winner is able to select a design of their choice from the Splash About UK website. The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner will be announced on the 11th October 2017.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date 10th October 2017 at 11.59pm.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be reached within 24 hours of being notified of their win, or they are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing/via online correspondence to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.