When you are having a baby, the first thing that takes your eye is ALL of the baby products that are marketed directly to new mothers who want the best of the best for their baby. The problem is that most of these gizmos and gadgets are out of our price range and instead aimed at Mums who may want to be on-trend.
Motherhood isn’t always about being “on trend”. It’s about the comfort of your child and ensuring that you have somewhere for them to eat, sleep, play and things for them to wear, too. You don’t have to spend a whole year of your salary on new things for a baby, especially if you can master the art of haggling when you go into store. You want to get your baby what they need and you want to do it without busting the bank!
Your baby won’t use a nursery for sleeping in until they are around six months old, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get it ready for when they DO use it. The budget may have gone out the window with all of the things that you want for the baby, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a nice nursery. So, let’s check out some of the ways that you can decorate your new nursery on a budget!
- Use what you have if you have things to use. This is easier if you are on your second or third baby, but if it’s your first, look at what you have. Upgrading an old dresser for the baby’s clothes and giving it a sand and repaint will really transform it. You can also reupholster an old armchair as a nursing chair for the corner of the nursery.
- Look at the little things that you can get for a nursery and choose to spend on the things that will make an impact. Buying lampshades and curtains isn’t expensive, and you can buy second-hand on Facebook Marketplace for those things.
- Embrace your inner decorator and spend time on DIY. A lick of paint, new wallpaper and even new light switches can make a room look completely different. You could also get a little arty and try your hand at making canvases for the nursery yourself. You can add cute quotes for watercolours and really have something unique that stands out.
- If you are fortunate enough to have a baby shower and your friends and family ask you what you want, ask for things for the nursery! Even vouchers for furniture stores and carpet shops can go a long way when you want to do things on a budget!
- Where you can, wait for sales and wait for the great items to pop up on online markets. You need to find the items you want when they are cheap, and that’ll enable you to stay within your budget as much as possible.
I hope that you found this post useful? Are you about to decorate a nursery?