Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Hannah over at The Ordinary Mum thediaryofanordinarymum.com. I had only been blogging for 4 weeks so I was thrilled to be nominated, and for my blog to be recognised after such a short time. I didn’t know anything about the Liebster Award before being nominated, but Hannah carefully explained this in her blog post.
Here’s the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog, or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
Here’s the questions I was asked by Hannah:
When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging only 6 weeks ago when I realised that I only had 6 months of maternity leave left. I really needed to do something with my baby brain but mainly to document life with my little girl. I wish that I had started writing my blog earlier to have captured those very early days and months with her.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I love Asia, we went to Thailand for our honeymoon nearly 3 years ago and it was fabulous. I love the food, people, culture, environment, and beaches. I would happily go back to Thailand but also would love to visit Cambodia and Laos, although this seems to be a future dream now that we have a little one.
How would your friends and family describe you?
My friends and family would describe me a thoughtful, generous, caring, loving, puts others first, outgoing and social.
What is your favourite movie?
This is a question I always struggle to answer as I’m not a massive film fan! I generally like to watch comedies, chick flicks and horrors (so quite a range here). I would say that Superbad and Napolian Dynamite come close to top!
What is the the most exciting thing you have done?
Probably having my daughter has been the most exciting part of my life so far, it was a giant leap into the unknown but she has brought so much joy to our lives.
Who do you admire in the blogging world?
There are so many brilliant bloggers out there. I particularly enjoy following the blogs of Someone’s Mum as we started blogging at the same time, and enjoy reading and following the blogs by My Petit Canard, Cuddle Fairy, and A Cornish Mum.
Tell me a fun fact about yourself….
I really enjoy running, sadly it’s not something I have done much of recently with the little one. I used to run Half Marathons and regularly ran home from work. It is something that I really want to start doing again, and have on my bucket list for February.
What are your blogging dreams?
I would love my blog and Twitter following to grow even further, and see what happens. I’m already amazed by how much it has grown already, and that has only been through following other bloggers on Twitter and using Linky’s. My blog needs a lot of work, currently it is pretty basic and I know that I need to add some imagery to it to make it more exciting. I also need to be more consistent with blogging, rather than having a blogging binge and then being silent for a while.
If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?
Gosh this is a tough one, love Luther so Idris Elba.
Do you have a favourite book or author?
I have read so many books, but there are some books that stay with you. For me this would be The Shantaram and The Goldfinch. Both are big door wedge books, that are absolutely brilliant to read!.
What song would you sing at Karaoke?
Take That – Patience
Here’s 11 facts about myself:
- I work in a London advertising agency as a Senior Digital Project Manager.
- I was born in August, so my daughter and I are both Leos.
- I’ve lived in London for nearly 9 years.
- We love going on holiday to Wales and Spain.
- I am a bit of a geek!
- I love cheese and red wine.
- I love sunshine, and hate the rain.
- One of my favourite things is to lie on a beach with a good book.
- I’ve known my husband for 15 years, been together for 8 years, and married for 3 years.
- I love looking at houses on Rightmove.
- I love a good horror movie.
I am nominating:
My questions for my nominees
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What aspirations do you have for your blog?
- Tell us about your perfect holiday?
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
- What 3 items would you take to a desert island?
- What bloggers inspire you?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time, apart from blogging?
- What is your favourite chocolate bar?
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?
- What is the best thing you have ever done?
- Finally, what would your last meal be?
Thank you again Hannah for the nomination.