Well were did the time go, I’ve been blogging for just over 6-months now. That time has flown by. Looking back at my 3-months blog post has made me realise I should probably write a 6-month blog update.
In my 3-month blog post here’s what I said for my blog future:
I see the next steps for my blog being to go self hosted, hopefully set up a Linky, see increased traffic numbers, go to Britmums, write some product reviews, update the look of my blog and include more imagery, and hopefully continue blogging as much as I currently am when I return to work.
I’ve done all of that (yay, happy face).
Here’s my key highlights from blogging over the past 3-months:
- Going self-hosted. This was a big step for me. I moved from the free WordPress account to being self-hosted, meaning I own my site and TSO Host now host my blog. Since I’ve gone self-hosted, I’ve seen more interested from companies wanting to work with me. By no means huge companies, but it’s progress.
- Being invited to be co-host at #fortheloveofBLOG linky by the lovely Fi from A Mum Track Mind. It was pretty much after I released my 3-month blog post that Fi asked if I fancy joining the Linky bandwagon. And I couldn’t say no, Since we launched #fortheloveofBLOG 12 weeks ago we have overwhelmed by its success and the fab blog posts being linked up week after week.
- Guest hosting #KCACOLS with Franca from A Moment with Franca. It was super hard work with loads of link-ups, I think it was the first week that she got over 100 link-ups. But it was fab experience to get a taster of running a Linky.
- Attending #BML16 last month. When I first bought my ticket I was super nervous as my blog was only very new. However my nerves were calmed as lots of bloggers I had been chatting to at #tribalchat were going. I had a brilliant day, and learnt a lot. I’ve now booked my ticket to BlogFest which is held in London in November.
- I written reviews on behalf of some brilliant companies offering fab products for your baby – Bobadeg Personalised Books, Bo & Bel Teething Jewellery, and My Little Piccolo baby food. Every time a new product lands on my doorstep I get a little bit excited. I love unwrapping it, and letting my little one explore it.
- Twitter continues to be my main social platform, and I strongly believe it’s the best for promoting posts and chatting to other bloggers. I’ve also set up a Facebook page and converted my personal Pinterest account for The Pramshed. Both are in their early days and need a lot of work and content adding.
- I’ve had posts published on #breastfeedingstores by My Petit Canard, and had my first regular post on Meet Other Mums.
So onto the stats, since my blog went live on 6 January 2016:
- 5,610 views (this is a tricky one as it only takes into account view since my blog went hosted at the end of April. I’m tending to average about 2,500 views a month)
- 3,212 Twitter followers
- 86 blog posts published
- 930 comments
I’m really proud of my blog so far. I’ve learnt a lot – not just about blogging, but also about myself too. At 3-months I was a novice blogger, with little blogging experience, but hard work and building a community is what has made my blog what it is today. Blogging is overwhelming, especially in the beginning when you’re trying to find your voice and style. However I always say your blog is what you make it, it can be as big or small as you like, don’t compare your blog to others. Your blog needs to speak from you, and be honest and personable to capture and engage your audience.
I’m really excited about the next 6 months blogging, and I hope that when I write my 1st Blog Anniversary post I can say the following:
- I have a new theme, one that is stylish, simple, clean, premium and professional.
- I have 5,000 Twitter followers.
- I have grown Facebook to 100 Likes. I’ve set this one quite low, as I struggle to get more than 1 Like a day at the moment.
- I have grown my Pinterest beyond being my personal account, but being more focused on boards for my blog.
- I am blogging for a brand. I would love to work for a young and fun brand, aimed at the baby/child market.
- I have some sort of blog success from attending BlogFest in November.
- I am still co-hosting #fortheloveofBLOG linky with Fi from A Mum Track Mind.
- I have found a balance between running a blog, and working full time.
That’s it, I hope these goal are all achievable. Find out how I get on by continuing to follow my journey, and reading my 1st Blog Anniversary post in January 2017 (sounds a long way off, but it’ll come round so fast).
Thanks for reading.